Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hogwar-- Oh, I mean, Hobart Shakespearians. Sorry.

Rafe... is an interesting guy. I mean, so much of what he does is really inspirational to me. A lot of his ideas seem like they are so focused on helping the children to become so much more than society expects of them to be. There are a ton of problems with our world right now, and so many of them stem from the way that children are taught and raised, and like Rafe says, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Um... something about him troubled me. Honestly, I'm not sure what it was. Part of me feels like he might be, well, I don't want to say he's taking it too seriously, because it is serious, but I feel like he might be putting too much on these kids, you know? I mean, maybe it's not a big deal; they do seem like they can handle it. But they're ten years old, you know? They're not grad students yet. Some of the way he handled himself also bugged me a little bit. He seems disdainful for people who don't have the gifts that these kids do. Maybe that was just my interpretation, maybe he's not really that way, but it felt that way to me.
Lastly, I would like to express my intense jealousy for these kids. But, I'll be honest, the thing that I was most jealous of them about was that they had IAN McKELLEN visit them! Argh! Freakin' GANDALF! MAGNETO! Why didn't he come and visit MY class? Le sigh. Maybe someday. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. I too thought that he put a lot of work on these ten year olds and yes I am jealous that he got famous actors to come to his school.

    ReplyDelete