Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Hobart Shakespearians

Sorry guys, I missed class so my response is going to be mixed in with the profile essays.

I think Rafe is a visionary because he tries to make all of the students in his classroom feel like they are Americans. He is also a teacher and wants to educate these children because he feels it is going to improve the quality of each and everyone of their lives. The quote I like the most is where Rafe said, " I could make more money but I don't know if I could find a better job." I think this truly showss how much he loves teaching these children and how much he loves his job in general.
I think Rafe's teaching style is unique because he incorporates many things into this teaching such as music, sports, and theater. He has the children act out Shakespeare which helps them better understand what they are doing. It is especially unique because Shakespeare is high school literature and he is teaching it to fifth graders at an elementary school.
I was inspired by how much patience he had. He never gave up on his students and even when they got in trouble he would sit down with them and calmly ask why they had done whatever it was they were in trouble for. He worked with each and every child to meet their needs. It is amazing how much one teacher can impact the lives of their students and maybe even change their entire future.
Since I will be transfering to main campus, my goal is to stay on task and not get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the new environment. Also I aim to procrastinate less and stay on the Deans list for my sophomore year

No comments:

Post a Comment