Thursday, April 22, 2010

Susan G. Komen for the Cure


If I had the chance to donate time and money to an organization or foundation, I would donate to The Susan G Komen for the Cure foundation. I feel that my money would go to good use, because this is such a well known, well-developed foundation. When you hear about philanthropy, this is one of the top foundations that you hear of. Not only does this foundation work towards a cure to cancer, but it also brings people together.
The Susan G Komen Foundation was founded in 1982, and since then it has grown to be the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors, and activists working together to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures; according to to the foundations website, ww5.komen.org. The foundation has raised close to one and a half billion dollars and I feel that they have used these funds wisely.
If I was to donate money to a foundation, I would want my money going to good use, and If i was to donate to this foundation I feel that it would go to good use.

2 comments:

  1. I think this would be a good charity because I also did a charity for the cure for cancer with the American Cancer Society and the Cancer Treatments Centers of America. Any charity to research or trying to research for a cure is a good cause to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This organization and movement really touches me as well. I would love to be able to help out with this cause.

    ReplyDelete