Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cancer Research Institute


If I were given $20,000 and six months of time, I would donate to the Cancer Research Institute. I've known a few people who have died of cancer and when i was a senior in high school my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily the doctors caught it fast enough and were able to cure her before it ever spread. However, during the time she was diagnosed with it, it was a really hard time for me and I don't think anyone should ever have to go through anything as painstaking as this.

The Cancer Research Institute has made some huge steps towards preventing cancer. The first vaccine for cervical cancer was founded by a CRI scientist and the CRI donated 10.5 million dollars to 298 investigators at 89 institutions in 15 countries and 22 states.

4 comments:

  1. Cancer research is an important cause. It's sad that your family had to go through the troubles having a member with cancer caused and the sooner we're able to cure the problem and prevent people from having to live through that same pain, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great faoundation to donate to. Many people have to go through a loved one being diagnosed with cancer and its a sad and scary time. The faster they a find a cure, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's cousin's middle child was diagnosed with cancer when he was 4 years old, so this is something that I understand greatly. Colyn is now a happy and healthy 7 year old, but while he was undergoing treatment it was very difficult for all of our family. Watching someone at this young of an age go through all of that and come out of it being happy for what he has is very uplifting.
    Hopefully scientists will soon figure out a way to cure or at least stop cancer from happening as frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with you, cancer is something that affects everyone and it's so hard to see your loved ones fight it. My grandma fought breast cancer back in 2008 and it was so difficult to see how the battle was taking its toll on her. It seems my list of people I know who have battled cancer and won...or lost...just keeps growing...it can be so devastating.

    ReplyDelete