Thursday, April 22, 2010

Journal 7: A Charity that I Believe In


If I had 20,000 dollars and six months of my time to help out any charitable organization it would be The National Childrens Cancer Society. This organization helps out with the finacial burden of families struggling to pay their health bills while there child is ill. They have provided over $49 million since 1987 to help with more than 26,000 children and their families. I would like to be able to help interact with these children who are fighting for their lives. Sometimes the smallest things that people do are enough to boost their spirits and give them the hope they need. The N.C.C.S was started in 1987 to help with children in need of bone marrow transplants, but has grown into an organization that is known for its generosity. I can relate to what some of these families are going through. When I was ten years old my cousin, who was the same age, was diagnosed with cancer, she struggled for almost two years before she lost her battle. But I know from first hand the emotional and finacial burdens it has left our family. My Aunt has still struggled to pay for the costs of the treatments, and medicine. The N.C.C.S provides assistance in any way they can.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great organization. I've had multiple family members who have fought cancer, several losing the battle but an aunt who beat breast cancer. There are so many different types of cancer that it's going to be a long battle to find a cure. So many children contract rare cancers. My friend Hailey died at the age of 15 from a rare cancer. She was the last of 11 children to die.

    ReplyDelete