Thursday, April 22, 2010

Charity WCFS


A huge need in America is the protection of women and children. Another big dilemma we have is the rate of divorce. It would be very beneficial for people to have somewhere to go when they need help. Women, Children and Family Service Charities of America (WCFS) is a charity whose main focuses hit home for me. I know many women who have been victims of physical abuse along with their children in a few cases. I know women who have been involved in sexual abuse either when they were children and even more when they were adults. This organization is great for all of this. They help fight and prevent physical and sexual abuse, they help build education and job qualifications along with research for medical issues like cancer. They don't only focus on women and children though, they also have programs for the whole family. Family choices, balancing all of the demands when you have a family and financial support if necessary.

I would love to be a part of the WCFS if it were possible. If I had $20,000 to spend and six months of my time, I would take classes at the Marysville Pregnancy Care Center and learn to be a counselor for these women in crisis. I would love to learn ways to help them cope. I would love to talk to children that need extra attention because of events that had taken place in their little lives. I know so many people that could use this kind of help, but I don't have the time or money it takes to give it to them.

This organization claims, "Women, Children and Family Service Charities of America is a nonprofit federation that pre-screens high quality national charities that are constructively addressing gender based discirmination, domestic violence, reproductive choices, family-work confilict, caregiver support, and childhood education, hunger and health. We present these charities to potential givers in fund drives at work and on the web." I think that this is a very good organization with a great cause. If I was going to be part of a charity, I believe it would be this one, or one like it.


2 comments:

  1. I agree, this is definitely a charity that is helping with needs that are all-too-present in America today. It's one of the saddest things in the world to see children suffer, people wrongfully abused, and families fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This problem is only going to get worse as society begins to lose faith in families at all. The older generations see alternate families as a threat society, but any family that is supportive and loving will provide a good foundation for a child or couple. We definitely need to build up healthy relationships.

    ReplyDelete