Thursday, May 13, 2010

Documentary Response

" I like to get kids on the right track early."

This type of thinking makes Rafe a visonary, just beacuse he's willing to change the way a child thinks. The way he teaches helps the children see the way their lives could be. It's a thought pattern of many teachers but not all can follow through on it. He just came up with a way outside of the norm, like sports or extra help for those students who seem to need it.

Seeing Rafe's methods got me thinking on how I'll do as a teacher. It inspired me to come up with my own ideas. I just hope that I can be half as sucessful as he is. But some of the things he said troubled me also. The whole concpet of sorting the kids into groups was bothering and the fact that he believed that children should be left behind if their not catching on.

Listening to the kids help me think of a goal other than graduate. I want to do some voulutneer work with the Boys and Girls club in Marion , to help inspire the next genertaiton of leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment